Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thief at Large!!!

So, I'm walking back to my apartment after class today, and I see the oddest thing. To inform everybody, I live on Jefferson street- going west of USC- so the neighborhood is pretty rough. Anyway, I am walking back from campus, and I see an Indian man waiting casually at the bus stop. Only, he has a wad of cash in his hand- clearly visible to the public. That's lesson #1 when in the "hood"- keep your money hidden and out of sight. Soon after, I noticed the money clenched in the man's hand, A guy passed me from behind; he was riding a bike. It was kind of funny, because I saw the guy on the bike notice the money in the Indian man's hand. The guy's eyes were glued on the cash as he passed on his bike (he literally turned his head in a full 180 just not to lose sight of the cash). In a split second, the guy through his bike down and tackled the Indian man- wrestleing him to the ground for the money. He succeeded. After securing the money, he retrieved his bike. A second later, he was a couple blocks down the road. Confused, the Indian man got up- looking directly at me, as if I had the answer for what happened. He became histerical, revealing to me that the guy stole 50 dollars from him. I think he wanted me to chase him down in a good samaritan act or something. I simply said, "you can use my phone to call the cops." He later calmed down and sat back on the bus stop- he realized that calling the cops would be futile. Next time, he'll probably keep his money in his sock.

No comments: